Harissa Pork chops
Rub the paste into both sides of the chops (about a tablespoon is enough for two good size pork chops). Place chops on a rack with a dish underneath to catch the juices that drain off during cooking. Set under the grill or in the oven as you would normally cook them.
Meanwhile steam enough new potatoes and broccoli for two people and time them to be ready just as the chops have cooked.
Drain the juices over the potatoes and the broccoli and serve.
Green Harissa Paste Hummus
- 200g/7oz canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 100ml/3½fl oz tahini (sesame seed paste) optional
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rounds of pitta bread
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy purée.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Turn out into a dinner plate, and make smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Green Harissa Paste (or more to taste) and serve with pita bread, warmed in a moderate oven for three minutes, and cut into quarters.
Green Harissa Paste is incredibly versatile and its use is only limited by your own tastes and imagination. We have customers who love it with cheese, stirred through pasta and rice or simply add a teaspoonful to curries for a bit of added kick.